Windows 7 Professional Features:
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.
- Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.
- Make your web experience faster, easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8.
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC.
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.
- Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.
- Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.
- In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network.
Windows 7 system requirements
If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
- Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM, an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on
- Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.
See how Windows 7, the next version of Windows, makes your PC simpler and easier to use every day: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/